Followers

Sunday 16 June 2013

Thoughts of Summer

This week's challenge at Eclectic Ellapu was chosen by Asha from the Pink Team.
Asha would like to see your creations that depict Summer, sunshine, solstice, longest day- what says summer to you?

Summer to me is yellow and blue, sunshine and blue skies; it's also dragonflies and butterflies, flowers and sitting outside enjoying nature.

Well I thought I'd crack out some stamps from the Stampman that I've had forever and not really used. So I got my stamps and found some Kraft card and stamped it up. I then thought I'd use Twinkling H2o's to colour with as they are so beautiful and always look sprakly and bright like summer should! I do have lots of them so I chose my colours and primed them up ready to paint. I was painting away and the phone rang so I reached across the desk and hey presto a li'l pot of paint flew up and went everywhere! It was too late to start again so I went to bed. Next night I thought I'd give it another go, so I stamped up my card (yey, I still had all the masks!) started painting and was very nearly finished and got catted! Boy those little pots do go a loooonnnng way!
I had just about given up on this challenge as a 'not to be' then decided yesterday afternoon I would crack it - and here it is, ta, da!


I layered up the dragonfly wings using some parchment and I glittered the edges, I also used some black glitter for the bodies of the dragonflies. The sentiment is heat embossed and the stamp is from one of the sets that the other stamps are from. I used a little lace to finish it off.
I'm glad I finished it and think it was worth persevering!
I hope you will join us for this challenge, show us what summer is for you - lets brighten up the world with summer colours and summer dreams!
 
See you over at Eclectic Ellapu soon!

6 comments:

  1. Well worth the trouble it caused you - this looks beautiful, really gives the feeling of a lazy summer day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third time lucky Laurie. This is gorgeous and just perfect for Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your determination and what a fabulous result darlin. I am so so lucky you like being an ECLECTIC - you do don't you lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks lovely, I love the background that you have made, and well worth all the trouble it caused you.

    Crafty Hugs
    Kelly - Fellow Pinkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your persistance paid off - love your dragonflies!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurian, so sorry you had so much trouble getting this card done. But, the final result is beautiful. Love all the sparkly shiny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them!