Followers

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Joyfold?

So do you know what a joyfold card is? Great if you do come and join in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty, if you don't come on over and get the link to the Split Coast Stampers tutorial. I have to say it took me a while to get my head round it then by the third effort I had it firmly in my head and now I could make a joyfold card for any occasion!
We have two great sponsors this week - they are:



For my card I have used an image from Sassy Studio Design, this is Glinda and she is from the Wizard of Oz collection, what a fabulous collection that is too!

I used a selection of black and white papers and card to make the card some are from Paper Cellar and the others are from my stash. I cut the corners using a Spellbinders die and I used bright silver on one side and shiney black on the other, all of which have red hearts. The rose was white and I coloured it with a Promarker, crimson to match Glinda's lovely gown, she is also coloured with Promarkers.



This is what the card looks like open!

I hope you can come over to Penny's and join us for this challenge - maybe you'll learn a new technique!
I hope to see you there and in the meantime thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this fold card! Totally love the colors and patterns, and the image looks awesome.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card Laurie. The papers and image are wonderful. I never knew this design was called a "joyfold" x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them!