Followers

Thursday 1 August 2013

Altered Eclectics #2!!

Did you see all those fabulous projects that were entered into the challenge last month? There are some amazingly talented people out there and I'm priveleged to be on the DT and get to visit all you lovely peeps!

My project for this month started out as as this:

A very plain not so trendy mirror from Ikea!

I was blog surfing, like you do, and I came across a superb clock that had been made out of a bit of plywood and some Polyfilla, so decided to have a go!

 
 
 
I soaked some lace in the polyfilla then plastered the whole surface with polyfilla and set the lace around the edge into it. I used various stamps and flowers and shapes coated in polyfilla and added some pearls. I used some lovely pearlised powders to add some colour and sheen
 


the flowers were coated with a pink pearl powder, the leaves with green and the lace with pearl


I was pleased with the finished article although if I do another I will use lightweight Polyfilla!

I hope you will come over to Altered Eclectics and join in - anything that is not a card or scrap based project is eligible and we would love to see your beautiful projects!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. such a fab effect hun. You and altered art are a match made in heaven.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Laurian. It has a dreamy, ethereal quality and such a clever idea to soak the lace in the polyfilla. I've never seen this before but I definitely want to try it myself. It's great being a DT teamie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurian wow is all I can say. This is very effective. I was browsing some blogs on Southern Girls Challenge found Ursula and discovered Gerda Steiner and there you were. Your cards and projects are fantastic. Karen xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous altered make.

    Moira

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them!