Followers

Tuesday 21 February 2017

CAS

Hello again, gosh two post this month I must be getting back to my old self!

I belong to a group on Facebook where one of the members asked if anyone could make a card for her husband to wish him well as he undergoes chemotherapy - I thought what a lovely thing to do for your husband so I put my hand up. This is a card for someone I don't know so fortunately the lady did put some likes on her post and one was a liking for birds of prey.

I got this image from somewhere and I must confess I don't remember where but it was the perfect image for a CAS card, coloured with Polychromos pencils (my new love!) with a hint of inking around the edges.


The sentiment finishes inside with the line - and back on cloud nine!

I was pleased with how this came out - for once, it was exactly as I had imagined it! I do hope it will bring a smile to the person it is made for and hopefully he will get many cards to show him that people do care!

I am hoping to enter this into the following challenges:

http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/ikesworld-challenges-82-winner-81.html
http://ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/
https://artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://mmmchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

24 comments:

  1. This is truly an amazing card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Laurian, beautiful card and such great coloring with your new poly's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very striking image beautiful card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible image, totally striking. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous even though he looks very stern LoL It looks like he is ordering you to get better :-) I think this will be perfect for that Gentleman - it's a fantastic card. :-)
    Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind comment!

      Delete
  6. wow...this is so cool and encouraging!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  7. Oh this image is beyond amazing Laurian! It's so realistic and intense looking into those eyes! It has been way too long since I've visited. I've been piling projects after projects upon myself along with a makeover of my blog to a custom domain. I hope you are doing well Laurian. Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christina, it is so lovely to see you here and I appreciate your lovely comment:)

      Delete
  8. Really stunning, Laurian! Sorry to be so late commenting on it but I'm really delighted that you played along with us at Ike's World in our previous challenge.
    NanaConnie Dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie I appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  9. Wow, this card is awesome, stunning and so atmospheric. Good luck. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card. Those eyes just looks through.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  11. Laurian - this image is just stunning! Great effect!
    It's awesome you made this card for the husband of someone you don't know in person, only from a FB-group!
    Like it!

    Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I really appreciate them!